Dr. Ivo Waerlop
Advanced Gait & Trigger Point Dry Needling
Featuring Dr. Ivo Waerlop
Course Date: Saturday, April 7th, 2018 (10 Hours)
Join Dr. Ivo Waerlop for this long anticipated and much requested dive into the biomechanics of human locomotion and the use of dry needling as an intervention to address gait related pathologies.
This course will cover the basics of gait and gait analysis (walking and running) as well as treatment of some commonly seen lower quarter disorders.
- Review torsions and common anatomical abnormalities of the lower extremity
- Review the normal walking gait cycle
- Breakdown the gait cycle into its component parts
- Explore the biomechanics of the lower kinetic chain during walking and running
- Predict problems that can arise from altered lower extremity biomechanics
- Apply visual analysis skills
- Recognize some common gait abnormalities seen in gait analysis
- View live case studies of course participants in gait analysis
- Propose needling and exercise solutions for the gait abnormalities studied
The morning will be spent on anatomy/biomechanics/analysis
The afternoon will focus on treatment and needling techniques and will have hands on experience with participants having the opportunity to needle each other.
Program Dates: Saturday, April 7 2018; 8am-6pm (10 hours)
Location: CBI Sports Injury and Rehab – 301-1111 Lonsdale Ave, North Vancouver BC.
Cost: $499 plus gst.
Upon registering for this course you are securing a spot in Advanced Gait & Trigger Point Dry Needling. If you have to cancel, a 15% admin fee up until 4 weeks prior to the course will be incurred. If you must cancel after this date, due to the allocation of funds for course participants at this time, Twin Bridges Physiotherapy will not be able to provide a refund.
Twin Bridges Physiotherapy and/or Dr. Ivo Waerlop reserves the right to cancel a course due to unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances. If a course is canceled due to weather or low enrollment, we will contact you at the email address and phone number which you provided at registration, and a full refund will be given for your course registration. Twin Bridges Physiotherapy/Dr. Ivo Waerlop is not responsible for any charges incurred by the registrant due to cancellation of the course other than the registration fee – travel costs will not be refunded.
- – Participants must have previous dry needling certification in order to register. Proof of dry needling certification will be required upon registration.
- Be prepared to participate in the course including the lab/practical sessions. In order to ensure appropriate patient care, it is important that the practitioner experiences the treatment in an educational setting. Because of this, pregnant women may not participate in this course due to the risks that are associated with pregnancy and dry needling.